The 3 worksheets
EX means OUT or AWAY FROM
Ex is the fourth root to be featured on the Resource Room found often in scientific contexts.
1. You had better be sure that volcano is extinct before you move near it!
2. I knew the car had a problem by the way it was exhausting oil.
3.You will have to exclude the names of the people in your report because they do not want people to know who they are.
4.We gave the food and water to the hurricane victims until our supplies were exhaust.
5.How can I express how much I love the mountains?
6. I thought that having 500 pairs of shoes was a bit excessive
7. If we have too many shirts to sell here, we can always export them to other countries.
8. We decided to
expand the book from two chapters to ten.
9. There are no beetles the size of cars because the exoskeleton of beetles would make their bodies too heavy to move, or would crush their insides.
10. The fire department requires exit signs in public buildings so people can find their way out.
11. The science teacher was planning to explode a test tube in the lab today, so we all wore goggles and got ready to duck.
BENE
BENE means GOOD
1. It was good news to find out from the doctor that the strange growth was benign .
2. We always say a special benediction at graduation to wish the best for our graduates.
3. A very kind beneficen donated the money to build a new library.
4. She didn't know it, but she was the main benefactor in her great-aunt's will.
5. I hope that if any beings from another planet visit here, they are benevolent .
6. The Boy Scouts encourage people to do at least one beneficiary thing each day.
7. Going over my notes every day after class has been very beneficial to my grades.
8. One beneficiary of living in Florida is low heating bills.
LUM and LUC
LUM and LUC mean LIGHT
1. The transclucent curtains let wispy light into the room.
2. In the deepest, darkest parts of the ocean, bioluminescence fish glow in the dark.
3. It took me hours and hours and many different books to elucubrate that problem, but I have figured it out.
4.We are going to the art museum to look at a special collection of paintings by luminist .
5. He doesn't just want to be good at writing; he wants to be a well-respected luminary in the writing profession.
6. Six floodlights suddenly switched on and illuminate the entire field.
7. A floodlight sends out many more lumens than a candle.
8. I will keep explaining this until it is completely, totally lucid to you.
9. Here are the directions for building your boat. If the directions are hard to understand I will try to ellucidate things for you.
10. The doctor checked to see if the injured man was lucid by asking him his name and what day of the week it was.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home