English Lessons: SCAMPER story

English Lessons

I will never frame anyone in my blog. I do not allow spamming in my blog. I will never post anything too personal in my blog. I do not allow nonsensical comments in my blog. I will never copy other's work.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

SCAMPER story

My group is scampering the two stories from little ironies, lottey and paper together.

There was a woman named Ah Boh.She loved to gamble, especially buying lottery. She spend four fifth of her salary on gambling each month and much as we persuade her not to buy so much, our words fell on deaf ears.She is always losing,however,she kept convincing herself that she is going to make it big someday,winning the first prize.For a person who has been losing consecutively for the last 13 years?One who never even won a consolation prize before?People say impossible.

In a desperate attempt to prove them wrong,Ah Boh betted all her salary on lottery."i,m going to make it big...I'm going to win the first prize...I'm going to..." She kept murmuring to herself,dreaming about her overnight wealth.

"Ha!HaHa!I did it! I did it! I finally got it!Its mine!" Ah boh screamed at the top of her lungs, waving her hands frantically in a stste of indescrible joy.She squeezed her lottery paper so tightly that her hands trembled."Thats it!I'm the kind that must gamble big.I,m going to gamble bigger,much bigger than this.Yes, stocks,the stock market. I'm going tobe rich, RICH!!!"Ah Boh immediately burst out in hysterical laughter.

The next day,Ah Boh did not even go for his job."I do not have to work anymore,The monitering of the stock market shall be my job......"That whole day,Ah Boh's hands were busy on the computer,selling and buying stocks.On that day alone,Ah Boh made ten thousand dollars,the next day,thirty thousand,then fifty thousand......Ah Boh started dreaming about a house, a sports car.He started investing in more stocks,and invest half of his earnings on a stock called the Lehman Brothers.

As the days past,Ah Boh made another fifty thousand on the Lehman Brothers alone.Thenb,He started pulling out from all the other stocks and invest only in the Lehman Brothers.

A few days after he invested in the Lehman Brothers,the stock crashed.It just crashed
without any prior notice.In fact,the stock was still rising before it crashed.Ah Boh could not believe it."No!This cannot be happenning!I'm making it big,big!"She walked to the window and started climbing out."This shall be the biggest gamble of my life...I'm going to make it big..."With that,she went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home